Friday, April 20, 2007

Another First

wow... i know im supposed to continue a blog to talk more about me... but tonight will be different but yet you will know and learn more about me...

Tonight i had done something i thought i'd never do...

I had QUIT my job at Domino's Pizza. Thats right... I QUIT... That's my first job i have ever quit at anything, especially on the spot and especially not on good terms...A job is a job. I do my Job! Ive been taught not to quit or give up... or let people at my jobs get to me.. but i think i broke down tonight

Why? well this past two weeks, i had told them i would like to become a delivery driver... So i can make more money and pay bills and plus THEY NEEDED THE DRIVERS!!!! At first when i had asked, they didnt seem to have a problem with it. Then i had asked again earlier last week to see when i can start. Well Gary ( store manager ) said that the district manager had to make sure it was ok and for "liability" reasons...

First off, i was nice...i said ok no prob... but in my mind.. (Wat freakin liability reasons? i had over a year driving experience in delivery and perfect driving record and THEY needed drivers! so I WAS READY! )

Days go by, blah blah blah, i asked again..... Gary said the same thing "Oh he still checking and making sure if u are able to drive for liability reasons... then thats when i told him, thats crazy and about my experience of driving and etc.. They knew that cause i put that on my resume. REMEMBER im still bein nice and puttin up with them.

TODAY! i am on my way to work.... i show up twenty min early to talk to Gary.
of coursed i said hey all in good mood and asked wats up with the driving deal?

HE SNAPPED AT ME! said HEY U JUST GONNA HAVE TO STOP ASKING! AMIRUL ( the big guy ) SAID TO STOP AKSING AND HE WILL LET U KNOW....

......wow....
i kinda backed up and so so so so so so wanted to.................................................... not even gonna start.... but anyways i was like wat?! u serious? its been 2 weeks! and ur hurting with drivers bad...IM RIGHT HERE READY! ( i was kinda in a nice calm voice.. not screaming or anythign just made sure he knew i was upset.)
told them id be right back..

went out side... all teary eyed... calledmy Mother and told her i wanted to quit. told her wat had happend and etc.

1. Im not happy there...
2. I stayed there for to long to put up with them..working like maybe 10 hours( if lucky ) a week..
3. What freaking liability issue that this guy is talking about? i have experience, i am ready, perfect driving record(well ok, maybe one seatbelt and rolling thru a stop sign at 4 am in the morning) its been over 2 weeks they could have found out already.... Gah!
4. and im not happy there. i think i said that earlier.

well.. i couldnt stay there any longer putting up with him.. and the B.s.

FINALLY, WALKED IN, HANDED MY SHIRT AND HAT...WALKED OUT

ok...so here i am after drivin around town ballin my eyes out and playin a few rounds of game online....

I dont know how u all think about that, but it doesnt matter right? Its done and over with. Ill be finding me a job in no time.. right now im clueless... right now im worried.....right now im scared... right now im wondering wats goin on at the store and wats everyone saying and etc.. I hate having enemies. I hate the fact that i left a job on bad terms... its killing me...

i am ok ( a little ) knowing m y mom is ok with it and supportive...

WELL IM DONE FOR NOW... FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS. LOVE YOU

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Hey Ray. Based on your account, I'd say you handled the situation with dignity. I understand that it bothers you to leave without notice and on a bad note. But you did not introduce the bad tone.

Are you friends with any of the other employees? I think there were witnesses to the way the manager spoke to you. It's too strong a word to say you've made ENEMIES. You were a cheerful, faithful and hard-working employee, and that record hasn't gone away.

Even though you don't intend to go and ask for your job back, there's no reason you can't go back in and look the manager in the eye, if it would make you feel better. Just tell him you've lived with prejudices long enough to know that the district manager was a coward and was making the store manager do his dirty work.

I know- and so do they- that you'll find a job again easily. I'm glad you took some time and called your mom. She's got a lot of life experience and helped you get a little perspective. You have a long life and many jobs ahead of you. In the same way that new people help you develop good ideas about what you value in friendships, each job will help you determine the working conditions that are right for you.

You are a model employee and PERSON. It is certainly their loss- and they may even tell you that when you go in to pick up your check! love you-